- Psychiatrist: Dr. Gregory Law (Ashburn, Virginia): Dr. Law is a Licensed Psychiatrist and board certified in both General Psychiatry and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Registered Dietitian (RD): Katie Heddleston provides individual nutrition counseling, effective online group nutrition, and fitness programs, and utilizing her self-led workbook.
- Psychologist: Dr. Marcia Perkins (Sterling, Virginia): Dr. Perkins has over 20 years of experience providing psychotherapy and assessment to clients. She works with children, adolescents, and adults in individual, couples, and family therapies.
- INOVA Adult Mental Health Services Inova Behavioral Health’s inpatient psychiatric hospitals are located within three of Inova’s
- Om Float (Leesburg, Virginia): Floating can provide: Pain and stress relief, improved athletic performance, unparalleled athletic recovery, mental clarity and creativity, better overall health, personal growth and ultimate relaxation.
VIRGINIA SPECIFIC RESOURCES:
- Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services (PRS) exists so that individuals living with mental illness, substance use disorders, mild intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum disorders, and anyone who faces life crises can achieve safety, personal wellness, recovery and community integration.
- Fairfax / Falls Church Community Services Board provides services for mental health, substance use disorders, developmental disabilities. If you need emergency help, you can call: their 24/7 emergency mental health hotline at 703-573-5679 or go directly to their Merrifield Center location at 8221 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive Fairfax, VA 22031
Lower Level, Rear Entrance Park for free in the garage, level P-2 but please know that calling 9-1-1 is always an option.
- Postpartum Support Virginia provides hope and help to women and their families who are experiencing anxiety, depression, or other perinatal mood and anxiety disorders (PMADs). “Hope and help for new moms.” #PPSVA
- “Inside the Beltway” Provider Resource list provider resource list. Providers listed in this list have been screened by PSVa to ensure they have knowledge and experience helping women recover from PMADs. Please tell these providers you found their contact information through PSVa .
NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL RESOURCES:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals. 1-800-273 TALK (8255).
- Online Chat option available too.
- International Bipolar Foundation mission is to improve understanding and treatment of bipolar disorder through research; to promote care and support resources for individuals and caregivers; and to erase stigma through education. #MoreThanADiagnosis
- Mental Health America was founded in 1909 – and is the nation’s leading community-based nonprofit dedicated to addressing the needs of those living with mental illness and to promoting the overall mental health of all Americans. #B4Stage4
- National Alliance on Mental Health Illness is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is the agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services that leads public health efforts to advance the behavioral health of the nation. SAMHSA’s mission is to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America’s communities.
- This Is My Brave is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to ending mental illness stigma through storytelling with shows all over the US and Internationally. I participated in the 2016 Spring DC show. My part of the show can be viewed by clicking on the media tab.#LiveBrave
- Project Semicolon is an American mental health nonprofit organization that primarily functions as an anti-suicide initiative. #ProjectSemicolon
- Postpartum Support International purpose is to increase awareness among public and professional communities about the emotional changes that women experience during pregnancy and postpartum. #PPSI
- The Herren Project provides assistance in taking the first steps toward recovery and a life of sobriety, educational programs and resources to increase awareness on the signs of addiction and bring hope for a better tomorrow.
- Wear Your Label is a fashion brand dedicated to ending the stigma around mental health. #WYL
- Touched With Fire by Kay Redfield Jameson – a movie by the same name came out in March 2016 staring Katie Holes and directed by Paul Diablo.
- Another Mother Runner – Engaging and encouraging you to run like a mother.
- Mom’s Run This Town (MRTT) / She Runs This Town (SRTT) – is a free nationwide women’s only running group.
- Potomac River Running – =PRR= is a family-owned, Northern Virginia based running specialty store with 8 locations in Arlington, Ashburn, Burke, DC, Fairfax, Leesburg, Reston, and Vienna, and also coordinates many local road races throughout Northern VA, MD and DC.
- BAMR Bands – The best non-slip fitness and fashion headbands available!
- QALO Silicone Wedding rings – Through innovative products, exemplary customer experience and bettering those around them, Qualo aims to be the symbol of commitment with their silicone wedding bands, which are perfect for active couples.
- RoadID – I have worn my Road ID everyday since 2015 which “gives me peace of mind for all of my adventures.”