Northern Virginia Resources and Business I recommend from my personal experiences:
- Psychiatrist: Dr. Gregory Law (Ashburn, Virginia): Licensed Psychiatrist and board certified in both General Psychiatry and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Psychologist: Dr. Marcia Perkins (Sterling, Virginia): Dr. Perkins has over 20 years of experience providing psychotherapy and assessment to clients. She works with children, adolescents, and adults in individual, couples, and family therapies.
- Registered Dietitian (RD): Katie Heddleston provides individual nutrition counseling, effective online group nutrition, and fitness programs, and utilizing her self-led workbook.
- Om Float (Leesburg, Virginia): Floating can provide: Pain and stress relief, improved athletic performance, unparalleled athletic recovery, mental clarity and creativity, better overall health, personal growth and ultimate relaxation.
National / International Mental Health Resources:
- International Bipolar Foundation mission is to improve understanding and treatment of bipolar disorder through research; to promote care and support resources for individuals and caregivers; and to erase stigma through education. #MoreThanADiagnosis
- Mental Health America was founded in 1909 – and is the nation’s leading community-based nonprofit dedicated to addressing the needs of those living with mental illness and to promoting the overall mental health of all Americans. #B4Stage4
- National Alliance on Mental Health Illness is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
- Project Semicolon – is an American mental health nonprofit organization that primarily functions as an anti-suicide initiative.
- Postpartum Support International The purpose PSI is to increase awareness among public and professional communities about the emotional changes that women experience during pregnancy and postpartum.
- Postpartum Support Virginia provides hope and help to women and their families who are experiencing anxiety, depression, or other perinatal mood and anxiety disorders (PMADs).
- The Herren Project – provides assistance in taking the first steps toward recovery and a life of sobriety, educational programs and resources to increase awareness on the signs of addiction and bring hope for a better tomorrow.
- This Is My Brave s a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to ending mental illness stigma through storytelling. #LiveBrave
- Wear Your Label – The purpose of the organization is to increase awareness among public and professional communities about the emotional changes that women experience during pregnancy and postpartum.
- Another Mother Runner – Engaging and encouraging you to run like a mother.
- Mom’s Run This Town (MRTT) / She Runs This Town (SRTT) – is a free nationwide women’s only running group.
- Touched With Fire by Kay Redfield Jameson – a movie by the same name came out in March 2016 by director Paul Diablo
- Potomac River Running – =PRR= is a family-owned, Northern Virginia based running specialty store with 8 locations in Arlington, Ashburn, Burke, DC, Fairfax, Leesburg, Reston, and Vienna.
- BAMR Bands – The best non-slip fitness and fashion headbands available!
- Qualo Silicone Wedding rings – Through innovative products, exemplary customer experience and bettering those around them, Qualo aims to be the symbol of commitment with their silicone wedding bands, which are perfect for active couples.
- RoadID – I have worn my Road ID daily since 2015 which “gives me peace of mind for all of my adventures.”